Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
injured, wounded; lacerated
bruised ; wounded ; injured ; hurt.
Ex: 'Small, near-sighted, dreaming, bruised, an outlander in the city of his birth,' thirteen-year-old Aremis Slake fled one day to the only refuge he knew, the New York subway system.
Ex: When WWII broke out her large home became a convalescence home for wounded soldiers.
Ex: The injured crane operator, though badly injured, is now recovering in hospital and we wish him a speedy recovery.
Ex: I have what I think is a hurt tendon and the pain has been going on for months now.
* gravemente herido = seriously wounded ; seriously injured ; seriously hurt ; badly wounded ; badly injured ; badly hurt.
* herido de amor = lovelorn.
* herido de desamor = lovelorn.
* herido de muerte = mortally wounded.
* herido grave = seriously wounded ; seriously hurt ; seriously injured ; badly wounded ; badly injured ; badly hurt.
* heridos, los = wounded, the.
* hurgar en la herida = add + salt to the wound.
* mortalmente herido = mortally wounded.
* orgullo herido = hurt pride.
* relación de heridos = casualty list.
* superficialmente herido = superficially wounded.
(v.) = injure ; hurt ; wound ; bruise ; rankle ; inflict + injury ; cause + an injury.
Ex: Many of the inhabitants were shot dead or injured by a crazed gunman.
Ex: Some of the conflicts between labor and management were violent, and many people were hurt or killed.
Ex: You know about Susan B. Anthony and Rosie the Riveter, but did you know about the Civil War soldier who revealed her identity only when wounded? .
Ex: This new machine does not bruise or damage the fruit.
Ex: Now it appears that everyday citizens' sensibilities have been rankled by the campaign.
Ex: Armed violence -- the use of arms to inflict death or injury -- is an epidemic of global proportions.
Ex: When purchasing computer equipment and furniture, little consideration is given to ergonomic aspects and this gives rise to wrong posture causing unnecessary injuries.
* herir con un cristal = glass.
* herir de muerte = fatally + shoot.
* herir de un balazo = get + shot ; shoot.
* herir de un disparo = get + shot ; shoot.
* herir el orgullo de Alguien = ruffle + Nombre + pride.
* herir en el alma = cut to + the heart of ; cut to + the quick.
* herir en lo más profundo = cut to + the heart of ; cut to + the quick.
* herir gravemente = be seriously wounded ; be badly hurt ; be badly injured ; be badly wounded.
* herir mortalmente = fatally + shoot.
* herir + Posesivo + orgullo = hurt + Posesivo + pride.
* herir + Posesivo + sentimientos = hurt + Posesivo + feelings.
* herirse = get + hurt ; hurt + Reflexivo ; injure + Reflexivo.
* herir suceptibilidades = ruffle + Nombre + feathers.
Translate the Spanish term heridos to other languages