Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
cut; disengaged; felled; corded; off, sour
cut; hack; chop; slice; lop; prune; nip; mow; clip; exscind; fell
cut; nick oneself; cut out; fail; turn
clipped ; severed ; cut-off.
Ex: Length is also a function of style and most abstracts, though avoiding clipped telegraphese, have certain stylistic features which help to keep wordage to a minimum.
Ex: Gericault's paintings of severed heads and limbs explored the taste for the macabre and uncanny rampant in the popular terror novels of his time.
Ex: She'd rather wear a pair of cut-off jeans than a fancy evening dress.
* cortado con la misma tijera = a chip off the old block.
* cortado en tacos = diced.
* cortado por el mismo patrón = a chip off the old block.
* estar cortados con la misma tijera = be tarred with the same brush ; be two of a kind ; be cut from the same cloth ; be cast in the same mould.
* estar cortados por el mismo patrón = be tarred with the same brush ; be two of a kind ; be cut from the same cloth ; be cast in the same mould.
* madera cortada a contrafibra = end-grain wood.
* recién cortado = fresh-cut ; freshly-cut.
* sentirse cortado = self-conscious.
* ya cortado en rodajas = pre-sliced [presliced] ; pre-sliced [presliced].
(v.) = cut off ; crop ; trim ; slash ; chop off ; clip ; dam (up) ; sever ; intersect ; chop down ; shut off ; chop up ; cut down ; fell ; shear ; trim off ; cut + Nombre + up ; split ; shear off ; snip ; hew ; cut up into + strips ; cut ; chop ; pare ; dock.
Ex: The spine folds of the assembled sheets were simply cut off, separating all the leaves, which were then attached to each other and to a backing strip by a coating of rubber solution, and cased in the ordinary way.
Ex: In addition, many of photographs are badly cropped, with the tops of heads, towers, and artworks lopped off.
Ex: The edges of the leaves may have been trimmed smooth by the binder, or left rough (uncut).
Ex: Finally, a few copies of an edition seem generally to have slipped through with their cancellanda uncancelled, so that examples of the original settings may sometimes be found (occasionally slashed by the warehouse keeper's shears, deliberate defacement which escaped notice).
Ex: Others chop off old records to remain within the limits of 680 MB.
Ex: Some libraries frequently subscribe to specific newspapers in duplicate in order to clip articles and illustrations of interest for particular subject files.
Ex: But to prevent any meandering at all, or to dam the flow of talk too soon and too often by intruding, generally only frustrates spontaneity = Aunque evitar cualquier divagación o cortar el flujo de la conversación demasiado pronto y con demasiada frecuencia con interrupciones generalmente sólo coarta la espontaneidad.
Ex: This art is is mass produced, often mechanically, and thus severed from tradition.
Ex: Contingency plans can be devised to intersect at several points on this time continuum.
Ex: Microform catalogs take up less room and are more sound ecologically since you don't have to chop down half of Canada everytime you make a large catalog = Los catálogos de microformas ocupan menos espacio y son más acertados desde un punto de vista ecológico ya que no tienes que talar la mitad de Canadá cada vez que hagas un catálogo grande.
Ex: Advanced design sprinklers shut off water when the fire is out, reducing the risk of water damage.
Ex: The writer bemoans record studios' tendency to chop up and fiddle with opera performances.
Ex: A subsequent owner cut down most of the surrounding woodland and the garden was largely lost.
Ex: In this study, thirty-four-year-old chestnut trees were felled, measured and weighed to evaluate their aboveground biomass.
Ex: All the activity on a sheep station was directed to one end: shearing the sheep and sending the wool away to the city.
Ex: If you repeatedly deadhead - trim off the spent flowers - the plant goes into overdrive.
Ex: They tortured her into revealing her Pin number and safe code before cutting her up and disposing of her in bin liners.
Ex: In the mechanised paper fibre process individual pages are soaked and split so that acid-free paper can be put between the two layers.
Ex: Working at the lumberyard pushing a tree through the buzz saw he accidentally sheared off all ten of his fingers.
Ex: It's perfect for dead heading dense flowering plant without accidentally snipping the neighboring blooms.
Ex: Oak was shaped by splitting with wooden wedges, and by hewing with axes or adzes.
Ex: Cut up the leftovers into strips, stick on skewers and finish quickly on the grill.
Ex: Collect the seed heads when they are turning brown by cutting them from the plants and drying them on a tray made of very fine wire mesh.
Ex: This chopping knife is ideal for chopping, dicing and slicing vegetables, meat, herbs and other ingredients.
Ex: Cut the pineapple, after paring it, into small squares; make a syrup of the sugar, vinegar, and spices, and pour it over the pineaple while boiling hot.
Ex: Whoever told you about the fine has got their facts wrong, there is no such thing as a fine for docking your dog's tail.
* abrir cortando = lance ; cut open.
* ¡corta el rollo! = put a sock in it!.
* cortar Algo = snip + Nombre + off.
* cortar Algo como si fuera mantequilla = cut through + Nombre + like a (hot) knife through butter.
* cortar Algo de raíz = nip + Nombre + in the bud.
* cortar a tajos = hack.
* cortar con barricadas = barricade.
* cortar con el problema de raíz = nip + the problem in the bud.
* cortar con motoguadaña = strim.
* cortar con tijeras = snip.
* cortar con una sierra = saw.
* cortar el agua = cut off + the water.
* cortar el bacalao = call + the shots ; be the boss ; call + the tune ; rule + the roost.
* cortar el césped = mow + the lawn ; mow.
* cortar el cuello = decapitate.
* cortar el rollo = cut to + the chase ; cut + the crap ; cut + the bullshit ; cut through + the noise.
* cortar en filetes = fillet.
* cortar en lonchas = slice ; cut into + slices.
* cortar en pedacitos = cut up into + small pieces.
* cortar en pedazos = cut + Nombre + up.
* cortar en rebanadas = slice ; cut into + slices.
* cortar en rebanaditas = sliver.
* cortar en rodajas = slice ; cut into + slices.
* cortar en rodajitas = sliver.
* cortar en seco = kill + Nombre + stone dead.
* cortar en tajos = hack.
* cortar en tiras = shred ; cut up into + strips.
* cortar en trocitos = dice.
* cortar en trozos = cut + Nombre + up.
* cortar la cabeza = behead.
* cortar la hierba = mow.
* cortar las flores marchitas = deadhead.
* cortarle las alas a Alguien = clip + Posesivo + wings.
* cortarle los vuelos a Alguien = clip + Posesivo + wings.
* cortar llegando al hueso = cut to + the bone.
* cortar metal = shear.
* cortar perpendicularmente a la veta de crecimiento = cut + across the grain.
* cortar por = cut across.
* cortar por la mitad = cut + Nombre + in half.
* cortar por lo sano = cut + Gordian knot ; cut + Posesivo + losses.
* cortar radicalmente con = make + a clean break with.
* cortarse = nick + Reflexivo ; curdle.
* cortarse como la mantequilla = cut like + butter.
* cortarse el pelo = have + Posesivo + hair cut.
* cortarse las venas = slash + Posesivo + wrists.
* cortar un nudo gordiano = cut + Gordian knot.
* cortar y pegar = cut-and-paste.
* cortar y secar = cut and dry.
* máquina de cortar en rebanadas = slicer.
* separar cortando = cut apart.
* sin cortar = uncut.
* tabla de cortar = chopping board.
* utensilio para cortar = cutting tool.
(v.) = snip + Nombre + off.
Ex: A single hydrogen atom has been snipped off a molecule and then added back on again, marking the first time a single chemical bond has been broken.
Translate the Spanish term cortado to other languages