Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
obligation, commitment; pledge, committal; date, meeting; compromise
commitment ; engagement ; stake in the ground.
Ex: Bureaux can be useful for proving trials, and the deferment of commitments until a suitable size of data base has been accumulated in the computer system.
Ex: Any attempt to coerce a response without good reason based on that child's present predicament is to place in jeopardy the child's willing engagement now and in the future.
Ex: The first version of any software is usually best seen as a stake in the ground.
* alcanzar un compromiso = reach + agreement.
* anillo de compromiso = engagement ring.
* compromiso con = commitment to.
* compromiso entre novios = engagement.
* compromiso matrimonial, el = marriage bond, the.
* compromiso oficial = public engagement.
* compromiso personal = personal engagement ; personal investment.
* compromiso por escrito = written commitment ; promissory.
* compromiso social = social engagement.
* compromiso verbal = verbal commitment.
* con compromisos = strings attached.
* cumplir (con) un compromiso = live up to + commitment.
* hacer honor a un compromiso = live up to + commitment ; honour + a commitment.
* libre y sin compromiso = footloose and fancy-free.
* llegar a un compromiso = reach + agreement ; meet + Nombre + halfway.
* sin compromiso = without obligation ; fancy-free ; unattached.
* sin compromisos = with no strings attached.
* soltero y sin compromiso = single and unattached.
(n.) = awkward situation.
Ex: Sometimes it's really hard to avoid an awkward situation.
* poner a Alguien en el compromiso de = leave + Nombre + with the choice of.
* poner a Alguien en un compromiso = put + Alguien + on the spot ; put + Nombre + in an awkward situation.
* ponerse en un compromiso = place + Reflexivo + in an awkward situation ; put + Reflexivo + into + position.
Translate the Spanish term compromiso to other languages