Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
help, aid, assist; support; befriend; favor; advance
aid ; do + good ; encourage ; enlighten ; help ; provide + assistance ; provide + guidance ; tide over ; assist ; jump-start [jumpstart] ; lend + a (helping) hand ; pull + Posesivo + (own) weight ; give + Nombre + a hand ; pull together ; put + Posesivo + shoulder to the wheel ; set + Posesivo + shoulder to the wheel ; muck in ; pitch in ; chip in ; succour [succor, -USA] ; help out ; give + Nombre + a (helping) hand.
Ex: Although others aided in the compilation of the schedules they were essentially the work of one man.
Ex: You do not do the users a lot of good when you send them jumping all over the catalog simply to draw together material.
Ex: A common catalogue encourages users to regard the different information carrying media as part of range of media.
Ex: Librarians often work with students who possess few library skills and teachers whose assignments neither improve these skills nor enlighten the students on their research.
Ex: How can we help library users to gain confidence?.
Ex: Its purpose is to provide advice and on-site salvage assistance to those organisations having documentary resources that are damaged in a natural or man-made disaster.
Ex: There are standards which provide guidance on the construction of thesauri.
Ex: Reading aloud, in these circumstances, might be the only contact the adolescent gets with literature, tiding him over to the time when he is prepared to read for himself again.
Ex: Any project which assists the use of coal and steel would be eligible.
Ex: Jump-start your learning experience by participating in 1 or 2 half-day seminars that will help you come up to speed on the new vocabularies, processes and architectures underlying effective content management.
Ex: In a small shop the master would lend a hand with the work, certainly as a corrector and often as a compositor as well.
Ex: Sometimes one person is left with all the work because their partner doesn't pull their weight.
Ex: These centres help women rebuild lives by giving them a hand up, not a handout.
Ex: She tells a story of courage in which the crew and the mission control pull together to work the problem through.
Ex: They've all been putting their shoulder to the wheel and it's paid off.
Ex: The Bolsheviks have manfully set their shoulders to the wheel undaunted by this staggering catastrophe.
Ex: All our neighbours, relatives, friends, we all mucked in and helped each other -- they were mostly all women because all the men had gone to war.
Ex: It's up to everyone to pitch in and help those who find themselves lacking the most basic of necessities -- food.
Ex: We're asking you to 'chip in' by investing your time and talents in your parks and your community.
Ex: There are tens of thousands of hungry children in the world today and well-meant efforts are being made to succour them
Ex: Give them a holler and I'm sure they will help out.
Ex: It's a smart move on Jade's part to let Donna give her a helping hand in getting back on her feet.
* a quien madruga, Dios le ayuda = the early bird catches the worm.
* ayudar a = play + an instrumental role in.
* ayudar a alcanzar + Posesivo + objetivo = further + Posesivo + goal.
* ayudar a Alguien a recuperarse = help + Nombre + get on + Posesivo + feet.
* ayudar a Alguien a salir adelante = help + Nombre + get on + Posesivo + feet.
* ayudar a atravesar = help + Nombre + through.
* ayudar a bajar = wash + Nombre + down.
* ayudar a comprender mejor = offer + insights ; improve + understanding ; give + an insight into ; glean + insights ; provide + insight into ; lend + understanding to.
* ayudar a conocer mejor = advance + understanding.
* ayudar a eliminar obstáculos = clear + the path ; clear + the way.
* ayudar a entender mejor = lend + understanding to.
* ayudar a + Infinitivo = go some (of the) way to(wards) + Gerundio.
* ayudar a la causa de = help + in the cause of.
* ayudar a + Nombre/Infinitivo = assist in + Nombre/Gerundio.
* ayudar a pasar = help + Nombre + through.
* ayudar a pasar por = get + Nombre + through.
* ayudar a salir de = help + Nombre + through.
* ayudar a superar = get + Nombre + through.
* ayudar bastante a = go + a long way (towards/to/in) + Gerundio.
* ayudar e instigar = aid and abet.
* dispuesto a ayudar = willing ; willing to help.
* estar siempre dispuesto a ayudar = be always willing to assist ; be always willing to help out.
* que no ayuda a distinguir = nondistinctive.
* utensilio para ayudar a caminar = walking aid.
Translate the Spanish term ayudame to other languages