Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
blow out, puff out; douse; turn off; smother; silence, mute
turn off ; quench ; snub out ; extinguish ; dim ; snuff out ; snuff ; dampen ; stamp out ; blow out ; stub out ; stub.
Ex: Trapping must be turned off by hand when the document has been picked up by the borrower.
Ex: By such mutual assistance, the wits and endeavours of the world may no longer be as so many scattered coals, or firebrands, which, for want of union are soon quenched, whereas, being but laid together, they would have yielded a comfortable light and heat.
Ex: 'Who will tell her?' 'I'll take care of that,' responded the principal with acerbity, snubbing out her cigarette.
Ex: His sudden gust of audacity was quickly extinguished by her words and by her glance.
Ex: At first, analyzing the way he went about his work eroded his confidence, threw him off balance, dimmed some of his energetic spirit.
Ex: The producer did a 'hatchet job' on the film, substantially dumbing down the project and snuffing out any subtlety or nuance.
Ex: Perhaps it was his hunger for precision and philosophical truth that snuffed the literary flame in Musil.
Ex: Ten years ago ambition abounded; now risk-taking is out of style and vanguardism has been dampened by a pervasive enthusiasm for the past.
Ex: The existence of the Internet and World Wide Web has made it almost impossible to stamp out crimes committed by hackers.
Ex: The windows were closed -- yet all the candles blew out in the living room!.
Ex: Nicotine patches may not help smokers to stub out the habit, according to a new study.
Ex: But what are we as the citizens of the country doing to stub the problem?.
* apagar el ardor = dampen + Posesivo + ardor.
* apagar el entusiasmo = dampen + Posesivo + ardor.
* apagar el fuego = put out + the flames.
* apagar la cal = slake + lime.
* apagar la cal viva = slake + quicklime.
* apagar la luz = turn + the light off.
* apagar la sed = slake + Posesivo + thirst ; quench + Posesivo + thirst.
* apagarse = subside ; blow out.
* apagar soplando = blow out.
* apagar un cigarrillo = stub + a cigarette.
* apagar un cigarro = stub + a cigarette.
* apagar un fuego = extinguish + fire ; put down + fire ; douse + a blaze.
* apagar un fuego con los pies = stomp out + fire.
* fuego + apagar = fire + be out.
* la distancia es como el viento que apaga los fuegos pequeños pero aviva los = absence makes the heart grow fonder ; distance makes the heart grow fonder.
* luz + apagarse = light + go out ; light + go off.
(v.) = subside ; blow out.
Ex: Her agitation subsided suddenly. Ex: The windows were closed -- yet all the candles blew out in the living room!.
Translate the Spanish term apagar to other languages