Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
feed, nourish; nurture
feed ; fuel ; nurture ; nourish ; stoke (up).
Ex: The computer merely needs to be fed with the source documents and their citation, and with the appropriate software, will generate the indexes.
Ex: This is in line with recent trends in the historical sciences generally fuelled by the feeling that in the past historians did not pay enough attention to what is, after all, the majority of humanity.
Ex: Studying the leisure reading preferences of teens can help library media specialists develop collections and programs that nurture a lifelong love of reading.
Ex: The library's mission must be further nourished and refined, for philosophy is not an idle pastime -- it is a foundation and rationale for human endeavor.
Ex: The media have regularly stoked public feelings of shame by affirming that English football fans are synonymous with hooliganism, overlooking the fact that not all fans are 'hooligans'.
* alimentar a la fuerza = force-feed.
* alimentar datos = populate.
* alimentar el espíritu = refresh + the spirit.
* alimentar el fuego = feed + the fire.
* alimentar el odio = fuel + hatred.
* alimentar la esperanza = nurture + hope ; kindle + hope.
* alimentarse = graze (on).
* alimentarse de = thrive on ; feast on ; prey on/upon.
* alimentarse del aire = feed on + air.
* animal que se alimenta filtrando plancton = filter feeder.
(v.) = graze (on).
Ex: Whereas, before, the land was dense with stately white pines, now apple, plum, pear, peach, and cherry orchards stood in regimented rows and cattle grazed peacefully.
Translate the Spanish term alimentar to other languages