Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
of Flanders; of the people of Flanders; of the Flemish language
people of Flanders, Flemings; language spoken in Flanders
In English usage, Flemish (Dutch: Vlaams ) can refer to
- Belgian Dutch (Belgisch-Nederlands ), the national variety of the Dutch language as spoken in Belgium, be it standard (as used in schools, government and the media) or informal (as used in daily speech, "tussentaal " ); Nevertheless, the use of the word "Flemish" to refer to the official language in Flanders is misleading. The only official language in Flanders is Dutch.
- East Flemish, West Flemish and French Flemish which are interrelated southwestern dialects of Dutch.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
1. an ethnic group speaking Flemish and living in northern and western Belgium
(hypernym) ethnic group, ethnos
2. one of two official languages of Belgium; closely related to Dutch
(synonym) Flemish dialect
1. of or relating to Flanders or its people or language or culture; "the Flemish population of Belgium"; "Flemish painters"
Translate the English term flemish to other languages