Get Babylon's Translation Software Free Download Now!
Copy the following code and paste it on your webpage:
of the Zulu tribe; of a member of the Zulu tribe; of the language of the African Zulu tribe
member of the large east African Zulu tribe
important tribe that inhabits the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa; Bantu language of the Zulu African tribe; (Communications) code word for letter "Z"
s \zu"lus\ (z&oomac;"l&oomac;z), n. pl.; sing. zulu (-l&oomac;). (ethnol.) the most important tribe belonging to the kaffir race. they inhabit a region on the southeast coast of africa, but formerly occupied a much more extensive country. they are noted for their warlike disposition, courage, and military skill.
\zu"lu\ (?), n. [also zooloo.]
1. any member of the tribe of zulus; a zulu-kaffir. see zulus.
2. (philol.) one of the most important members of the south african, or bantu, family of languages, spoken partly in natal and partly in zululand, but understood, and more or less in use, over a wide territory, at least as far north as the zambezi; -- called also zulu-kaffir.
1. a member of the tall negroid people of southeast africa living in northern natal [syn: zulu]
2. a bantu language of considerable literary importance in southeastern africa [syn: zulu]
Zulu may refer to:
- The Zulu people or amaZulu, an ethnic group of southern Africa.
- The Zulu language or isiZulu, a Bantu language of southern Africa
- The Zulu Kingdom, also called the Zulu Empire
- Zulu, code for the letter Z in the NATO phonetic alphabet
- Zulu time, Coordinated Universal Time, whose name came from the NATO phonetic alphabet above
- Zulu (Pillow Pal), a Pillow Pal zebra made by Ty, Inc.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Zulu is spoken by roughly one quarter of the population of South Africa and has two dialects: Lala and Qwabe.
The language is: Zulu
1. a member of the tall Negroid people of southeast Africa living in northern Natal
2. a Bantu language of considerable literary importance in southeastern Africa
Translate the English term Zulu to other languages