Nepalese, native or resident of Nepal
Nepalese, language of the people of Nepal
Nepalese, of or pertaining to Nepal or its people or its culture
may refer to the following:
- Anything of, from, or related to Nepal
- Nepali language, a language in the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European language family
- Nepali literature, refers to the literature of Nepal written in the Nepali language.
- Nepali Congress, a Nepalese political party
- Nepali Congress (Democratic), a political party of Nepal formed due to vertical split of Nepali Congress
- Nepalese cuisine, the cuisine of Nepal
- Nepali people or Gurkha
- Nepali Times, English weekly newspaper
- Nepalese Civil War, armed conflict between government forces and Maoist fighters in Nepal
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Nepali (Nepalese, Gorkhali, Gurkhali, Khaskura, Parbatiya, Eastern Pahari) is the official language of Nepal, forming the language of the Paharia people, and is also spoken in Sikkim and parts of India.
It forms the eastern group of Pahari and belongs to the Indic branch of Indo-European languages.
Nepali is also spoken by the Paharia people of Bhutan and of India.
The language is: Nepali
1. a native or inhabitant of Nepal
(hypernym) Asian, Asiatic
(member-holonym) Nepal, Kingdom of Nepal
2. the official state language of Nepal
(hypernym) Indic, Indo-AryanAdjective
1. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture; "Nepalese troops massed at the border"; "Nepali mountains are among the highest in the world"; "the different Nepali words for `rice'"
(pertainym) Nepal, Kingdom of Nepal
Translate the English term Nepali to other languages