Nepalese, native or resident of Nepal
Nepalese, language of the people of Nepal
Nepalese, of or pertaining to Nepal or its people or its culture
refers to something of, from, or related to Nepal, such as
- Nepali language, a language in the Indo-Aryan branch of the Indo-European language family
- Nepali literature, refers to the literature written in the Nepali language and should not be confused with Nepalese literature
- Nepali Congress, a Nepalese political party
- Nepali cuisine, refers to the cuisines of Nepal
- Nepali people, can refer to
- Diasporic Nepalis such as those of Gorkhaland
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Nepali (Nepalese, Gorkhali, Gurkhali, Khaskura, Parbatiya, Eastern Pahari) is the official language of Nepal, forming the language of the Paharia people, and is also spoken in Sikkim and parts of India.
It forms the eastern group of Pahari and belongs to the Indic branch of Indo-European languages.
Nepali is also spoken by the Paharia people of Bhutan and of India.
The language is: Nepali
1. a native or inhabitant of Nepal
(hypernym) Asian, Asiatic
(member-holonym) Nepal, Kingdom of Nepal
2. the official state language of Nepal
(hypernym) Indic, Indo-AryanAdjective
1. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture; "Nepalese troops massed at the border"; "Nepali mountains are among the highest in the world"; "the different Nepali words for `rice'"
(pertainym) Nepal, Kingdom of Nepal
Translate the English term Nepali to other languages