of or pertaining to China
language spoken in China
native or resident of China; the Chinese people
\chi"nese"\ (?), a. of or pertaining to china; peculiar to china.chinese
paper. see india paper, under india.chinese
wax, a snowy-white, waxlike substance brought from china. it is the bleached secretion of certain insects of the family coccid? especially coccus sinensis.chinese
\chi*nese"\, n. sing. & pl. 1.
a native or natives of china, or one of that yellow race with oblique eyelids who live principally in china. 2.
sing. the language of china, which is monosyllabic.
note: chineses was used as a plural by the contemporaries of shakespeare and milton.
purple chinese houses chinese wistaria
chinese windlass chinese chippendale
chinese wax chinese-red
chinese yam chinese wood oil
indo-chinese chinese date
chinese jujube chinese anise
chinese indigo chinese holly
indo-do-chinese languages chinese black mushroom
chinese cork oak chinese lacquer tree
chinese paper chinese mustard
chinese pepper chinese elm
chinese mushroom chinese silk plant
chinese exclusion act chinese lantern plant
chinese rhubarb chinese privet
can refer to:
- Something of, from, or related to China
- Chinese people, people of Chinese nationality, or one of several Chinese ethnicities
- Zhonghua minzu （中華民族）, the supra-ethnic Chinese nationality
- Han Chinese, the dominant ethnic group in mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore
- Ethnic minorities in China, the non-Han Chinese population in China
- Overseas Chinese, people of Chinese ancestry who live outside mainland China and Taiwan
- Hong Kong people, people who live in Hong Kong.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Cantonese is a major dialect group or language of the Chinese language a member of the Sino-Tibetan family of languages. Mandarin (standard Chinese) is the official language of China.
The language is: Mandarin
1. any of the Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in China; regarded as dialects of a single language (even though they are mutually unintelligible) because they share an ideographic writing system
(hypernym) Sinitic, Sinitic language
(hyponym) Mandarin, Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin dialect, Beijing dialect
(classification) China, People's Republic of China, mainland China, Communist China, Red China, PRC
2. a native or inhabitant of Communist China or of Nationalist China
(hypernym) Asian, Asiatic
(hyponym) chink, Chinaman
(member-holonym) China, People's Republic of China, mainland China, Communist China, Red China, PRCAdjective
1. of or pertaining to China or its peoples or cultures; "Chinese food"
(pertainym) Taiwan, China, Nationalist China, Republic of China
2. of or relating to or characteristic of the island republic on Taiwan or its residents or their language; "the Taiwanese capital is Taipeh"
(synonym) Taiwanese, Formosan
- Static variable in class java.util.Locale
public static final Locale CHINESE
Useful constant for language.
Fear of Chinese, Chinese culture
(n. sing. & pl.
The language of China, which is monosyllabic.
(n. sing. & pl.
A native or natives of China, or one of that yellow race with oblique eyelids who live principally in China.
Of or pertaining to China; peculiar to China.
(cricket) inside edge wide of leg stump go wild double or triple chin
Translate the English term Chinese to other languages