language of the Bengali people; official language of Bangladesh and Bengal
pertaining to the former Indian province of Bengal
native or resident of the former Indian province of Bengal
see under bengalee
primarily refers to:
- Bengali people, a major ethnic and linguistic group in the east Indian subcontinent
- Bengali language, the Indo-Aryan language native to Bengal
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Bengali is a language spoken in Bangladesh - by 98% of the population - and India.
The language is: Bengali
1. (Hinduism) a member of a people living in Bangladesh and West Bengal (mainly Hindus)
(hypernym) Asian, Asiatic
(member-holonym) Bangladesh, People's Republic of Bangladesh, Bangla Desh, East Pakistan
(classification) Hinduism, Hindooism
2. an ethnic group speaking Bengali and living in Bangladesh and eastern India
(hypernym) ethnic group, ethnos
3. a Magadhan language spoken by the Bengali people; the official language of Bangladesh and Bengal
1. of or relating to or characteristic of Bengal or its people; "Bengali hills"
- Static variable in class java.lang.Character.UnicodeBlock
public static final Character.UnicodeBlock BENGALI
Constant for the Unicode character block of the same name.
The language spoken in Bengal.
Translate the English term Bengali to other languages