member of the Algonquin Indian tribe
one of the Algonquian family of language which is spoken in North America
1.5 oz. blended whiskey
1.0 oz. pineapple juice
0.5 oz. dry vermouth
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes,
combine all ingredients. Shake well.
Strain into a cocktail glass.
\al*gon"quin\ (&?;), algonkin \al*gon"kin\ (&?;), ] n. one of a widely spread family of indians, including many distinct tribes, which formerly occupied most of the northern and eastern part of north america. the name was originally applied to a group of indian tribes north of the river st. lawrence.
—and the variation Algonki(a)n
—may refer to:
- Algonquian languages, a large subfamily of Native American languages in eastern North America
- Algonquian peoples, Native American tribes that speak the Algonquian languages
- Algonquin language, the language of the Algonquin people, for which the Algonquian languages group is named
- Algonquin people, a subgroup of Algonquian people who speak the Algonquin language
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Algonquin (Algonkin) is an Algonquian language spoken in Canada.
The language is: Algonquin
1. a member of any of the North American Indian groups speaking an Algonquian language and originally living in the subarctic regions of eastern Canada; many Algonquian tribes migrated south into the woodlands from the Mississippi River to the Atlantic coast
(hypernym) Indian, North American Indian, American Indian, Red Indian
2. family of North American Indian languages spoken from Labrador to South Carolina and west to the Great Plains
(synonym) Algonquian, Algonquian language
(hypernym) Amerind, Amerindian language, American-Indian language, American Indian, Indian
1. of or relating to an Algonquian tribe or its people or language
(synonym) Algonquian, Algonkian
(pertainym) Algonquian, Algonquin
This small group of Native Canadians spoke Algonquian languages and lived along the Ottawa River. Many were killed by the Iroquois during the French and Indian War. The remaining Algonquins live in Quebec and Ontario.
Alt. of Algonkin
Translate the English term Algonquin to other languages